Our Purpose and Mission
is to glorify God through our expressions of worship, our sacrificial care for one another, and our sharing of the gospel to a lost and dying world.
We confirm this purpose by:
- Our worship - which is the submission of all of our lives to Christ and His Word
- Our love for one another - which we show by the physical and spiritual care of one another.
- Our love for others - as we build relationships with people in our communities in order to show the unconditional love of Christ and to share the gospel message.
Hebrews 10:24-25; Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8, 2:42-46; I Corinthians 11:24-25, 14:26;
Ephesians 4:11-16, Colossians 1:24-28; I Timothy 4:11
is to continually seek to honor and glorify the Lord Jesus Christ in everything we do and say.
We do this by loving the Lord our God with all of our heart, with all of our soul, and with all of our mind, and with all of our strength. We call this – “Loving Christ FIRST!”
Loving Christ FIRST means:
- We are willing to lay down anything and everything we hold dear for the cause of Christ, even life itself.
- All we do is constantly and consistently evaluated by asking the question; “How will this enhance, increase or sustain our love for Christ First?”
Loving Christ FIRST empowers us:
- To love one another, by His Spirit, as Christ has loved us.
- To deliver the best and clearest message to the world that we are Christ’s disciples.
Loving Christ FIRST enables us:
- To “love our neighbor (all people) as ourselves”
- To fulfill Christ’s command to make disciples of all nations.
The form of discipleship we embrace is “life-on-life” - Every believer, laboring in the lives of a few, with the intention of imparting one’s life, the Gospel, and God’s Word in such a way as to see others come to Christ in faith and become mature and equipped followers of Christ who are committed to doing the same in the lives of others.
Luke 9:23; Acts 21:24; Luke 10:27; John 13:34-35; Galatians 6:9-10; Ephesians 3:14-21