Salary: TO BE DETERMINED USD
The Big Picture
Eatonville Baptist Church (EBC) has dedicated itself to loving God first and demonstrating the reality of that love through loving others, both inside and outside of our fellowship.
EBC was founded in 1942 as a result of revival meetings earlier that year. Two-thirds of the charter members were new converts to Christ. From the very beginning, reaching the lost has been a high priority. We continue to demonstrate this by our ministry efforts and financial commitments.
Incorporated in 1909, the Town of Eatonville is a rural community of approximately 3,000 residents (10,000 if surrounding areas are included). The town is located in Pierce County, Wa - roughly 59 miles south of Seattle and 31 miles southeast of Tacoma. Eatonville is nestled among the foothills of beautiful Mt. Rainier and maintains a small town attraction with a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
The Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate would be a man who loves the Word of God, expository preaching and teaching. These should be his first priorities. Ideally, he would desire a rural community in which to live, work and raise a family.
A candidate must believe in the plurality of Elder leadership where his role is to be “First among Equals” in leading this congregation of believers to increasingly love Christ first and to demonstrate that love in service to others.
Qualifications & Experience
· Prefer Bible School completion in Biblical studies with an emphasis in preaching.
Functions & Responsibilities
The Senior Pastor’s responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
· To teach, preach and instruct in the Word of God during worship services and other times, as needed.
· Works alongside the Elders to ensure that the church is functioning according to EBC’s mission, purpose, and core values.
o Assists in the modification of these items as needed in alignment with God’s Word.
· Works with the Elders to ensure EBC meets pastoral responsibilities by ministering to the needs of the body through visits, prayer, counseling, and other similar services.
· Assists with the oversight of all staff.
· Assists with the oversight of day-to-day EBC operations.
· Must have a thorough understanding of, and agreement with, EBC’s Constitution and operating policies.
After you have read this job description please review our "ABOUT US" page to review our Statement of Faith and other critical documents..
Should you decide to apply, please submit, along with your resume, written answers to the following questions:
- Why do you believe you might be a good fit as Senior Pastor of Eatonville Baptist Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as our Senior Pastor.
- In just a few sentences, please summarize your theology and how it is in line with EBC’s Statement of Faith.
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one recorded sermon to EBCelders@gmail.com